Best Blogger Tips Katie Dale

Monday 17 May 2010

Hiya!
Welcome to my blog!

I am a writer and an actress, and my first YA novel Someone Else's Footprints will be out next year (Simon and Schuster), followed by an eight-book Crunchies series for younger readers with Orchard books!

It's been an exciting rollercoaster ride to get this far and you can read all about it at 'The Story So Far - a Series of Fortunate Adventures' - a little like Lemony Snicket but without the evil uncle!

Someone Else's Footprints is a bittersweet rollercoaster of a tale about the secrets families keep and the choices we make and their far-reaching unexpected consequences... Read more about it on my Someone Else's Footprints page, where in the coming months I'll post extracts and teasers and competitions in the run up to publication!

It has been described as "Jodi Picoult for teens" which is as a MASSIVE compliment as Jodi is one of my all-time favourite authors and this month I was lucky enough to go and meet Jodi herself on her UK book tour promoting her new book House Rules and get a signed copy!

The True Fairy Tales series is proving an absolute blast to write, as I tackle the classic well-known fairy tales and give them my own comic spin and reveal, for the first time, what really happened! - watch this space!

I've also been doing lots of other authorly things for the first time, like going to the London Book Fair, meeting lots of other lovely writerly folk, accumulating an exhaustive (and exhausting!) list of BOOKS I REALLY WANT TO READ RIGHT NOW! (you can help me out by recommending which book I should read next on the poll at the top of this blog) and entering the weird and wonderful world of Twitter and Facebook - see you there!








































2 comments:

SarwatC said...

Having read the first chapter of Footprints I can't wait to check out the entire book. And I love fairy tales!

Anonymous said...

Your writing projects sound fascinating. I love Jodi Picoult too, so "Someone Else's Footsteps" sounds like it should be right up my street.

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Read Chapter 1

 
Copyright Katie Dale 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .